Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Now That the Blog is Set Up

Hey everyone. This is my first post and I'm anxious to see how this actually works out.

I first wanted to make sure everyone knows that the study material for this year is in and that there will be a meeting July 18 from 12 - 2, to allow for the gathering of the material and for a meeting as a team with Mr. Whyte.

Also, now that we are beginning to start studying and working, I want everyone to start thinking about speech topics. Topics can technically be about anything, but it's preferable that it is you something A) that you are passionate about and B) that it is somewhat original. This will not only make sure that you can make the time limit (3 1/2 minutes is the minimum; 4 minutes is the max), but will ensure that the judges are not bored or offended by your speech. I am hoping that by this next Monday, July 21, you will have a few topics that you are ready to discuss with either Mr. Whyte or me.

Email me at jdeppchick@yahoo.com or message me on myspace with possible speech topics or any question you may have.

- Priscilla

No comments: