Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Message from our Coach, Mr. Whyte.... and my own comments

"Let's meet weekly, while maintaining the blog. We want to win. Nothing replaces good old-fashioned face to face. Also, I will be teaching you guys weekly learning strategies, again so that we can win. The Blog is another terrific idea. It allows for constant communication and immediate feedback.

I am alarmed by our inability to reach members or their lack of initiative to contact [Priscilla]. This is a weak link in our chain. We must have near 100% attendance. Anything below this lowers our chances towards victory.

All members: We need to be in winning mode. We need to be attending tutoring!

In Peace,
Whyte "

I agree with Mr. Whyte in that studying together and learning these strategies that he has to teach us are vital to victory, and that's what this competition is about: victory.


Tomorrow, there will be a meeting in room 21 from 12-2. I have confirmation that three people (out of eight!), besides myself and Mr. Whyte, will be in attendance. One of our team members has even dropped out. The school year hasn't even started yet and our drive and commitment is already waning. It'll be difficult to make sure that everyone is on the same page, but I plan to do what I can to make sure it happens.

I want to make sure people are actually paying attention to these posts, so I ask that after you finish reading each post, you leave a comment. I don't care if you have something to add, a question, or simply a "I have read this post"; I want to make sure that everyone is keeping up with the tasks and assignments at hand. Many of us (myself included) spend plenty of time online anyway and all I ask is that every team member check in with this blog daily, to make sure they are up to date.

This is a serious commitment, but a fruitful one. Please keep in touch with me via myspace, email (jdeppchick@yahoo.com), or ask me for my cell number if you prefer texting.

-Priscilla

4 comments:

Priscilla said...

See. Leaving a comment is this easy.

- Priscilla

Ali said...

check check!!!

Anonymous said...

no, priscilla!
leaving a comment is not that easy!
hahaha jk...

Anonymous said...

come now people, get on it!